Our appointment system has changed
Dr Hopkins recently left the practice and Dr Rosser is retiring at the end of February 2016. There is a shortage of GPs in Wales and many practices in our area are at least 1 GP short. Despite considerable effort we have been unable to recruit a GP.
Our aim is that you are given advice about your health by the right person at the right time and in the right way. We will strive to help you look after yourself and to manage your long term health conditions.
If you think you need to see a Doctor
or have a question about your health please telephone the surgery on either 01639 701660 or 01639 700203.
Please provide the receptionist with brief details of your concern. The receptionists are valued members of the practice team and are bound by a code of confidentiality. The information they provide will help the GP to decide the most appropriate response to your concern and will either
- Phone back to discuss your concerns in more detail.
- Ask one of the reception team to make you an appointment with an appropriate member of staff (GP/Nurse) or direct you to the appropriate service
You may of course choose not to disclose any details but this may delay our response as the GP will be prioritising call backs based on the information made available to them.
Help us to help you
- It will help the GPs if you make your call between 08.00 and 10.30
- Please ensure you make a current contact number available.
- We will endeavour to respond to your call within a reasonable time.
- Please be available to receive a return call from the surgery and advise us if your availability changes.
- Urgent problems will be addressed the same day.
If you have a non urgent problem after 10.30 you may be asked to telephone the next day.
The GPs and practice team are committed to making this new system work. We welcome your feedback.
To make an appointment to see the Practice Nurse or Healthcare Assistant
Please telephone the surgery on either 01639 701660 or 01639 700203
The nursing team can help with:
- Wounds & ulcers
- Blood pressure
- Blood tests